Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BFF's

Meet Heidi.  She is my BFF.  Meet Chesnee.  She is Abby's BFF.  Mothers and daughters.  This pic was taken at Mount Vernon when we accompanied our girls to Washington DC.  What a fun trip it was! 

Girls need their BFFs to laugh with, talk with, cry with, shop with, or just to solve all the world's problems or at least put perspective on our own.  I have had many BFFs through all phases of my life.  They bring a lot of joy in celebrating the ups and down of life.  I am thankful to have always had good friends who know all about me and yet still love and accept me inspite of my weakness and oddities.

When my sister, Sue, moved away from Caliente, it was nearly like another death for me.  I had lost my dearest and closest friend.  At that time, I didn't know Heidi too well, other than that she was the best babysitter I'd ever had for my girls.  I soon realized that we had a lot in common.  We both love to shop, to relax in the sun, nap, talk, joke, tease, and laugh A LOT!  We are both teachers and work at the same school which adds to that much more fun during a day.  Our commute to school and back each day gives us plenty of time to reflect on life's serious matters such as what's best for our kids, how to deal with parents, when to color our hair, which accessories look best, who to mess with after 3:00, and so on.  It is our daily "therapy"!

Sometimes, we just can't fit all our discussions in so we have to talk on the phone later on.  I think sometimes our husbands are annoyed with us, but men don't always give us the conversation and attention we need and deserve on a daily basis.  Tomorrow is Nat'l RASK Day...Random Acts of Service and Kindness.  I am thankful to have a friend who is constantly doing random acts of kindness towards me, my family, and many, many others!  Thank you, Heidi!  You're the best!  (It's okay to bring over those cookies anytime!)  

1 comment:

Whitney Schimbeck said...

Awe :) Mom you are too cute. I'm glad Heidi is there for you, BFFs are the best! Love you!
PS your hair looks amazing in this picture...just saying ;)