Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Turkey Turns 15 Today

It was Thanksgiving Day fifteen years ago when I woke up early in the morning with what I thought were contractions.  (It had been over 5 years since having a baby, and nothing had happened naturally then).  I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I showered and tried to go back to sleep.  Still uncomfortable and feeling them nearly 5 minutes apart, I finally called the hospital around 9 am.  The nurse said to get in right away.  Taylor was born around 11:45 am before any of the football games or Thanksgiving dinners were ready.  It was perfect timing and so typical of her little personality.  She still likes to get up early, and time management is of utmost importance to her.  We felt very blessed after such a long span to have a perfectly round little baby in our arms once again.  She reminded me of a butterball turkey when the nurse handed her to me all wrapped up tight.  That evening as everyone had gone back to their houses to enjoy their Thanksgiving dinners, I was left alone to cuddle my new baby.  I had a window in my room looking across to the St. George Temple.  As I looked across and saw it all lit up, I wept with such gratitude and happiness to be so blessed.  Happy Birthday, Taylor aka "Chicka". . . our lives are still so blessed with you in them!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to Taylor!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Miss Chicka Happy Birthday!!! We love you and find you highly entertaining when we are around you so I think that we will keep you in the family!