Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Friday, November 19, 2010

Total Gleeks

Evan and I have become total GLEEKS!  He was hooked last season, but I didn't feel I had time to watch something every week.  Whitney would come home and play the reruns and music from each episode and I enjoyed it.  It almost makes me wish I could go back to high school and perform again.  Sue Sylvester says things that I wish I could say and get away with!  Dinner and homework now revolve around Glee on Tuesday nights!  I guess you could say we're definitely GLEEKS!

Though I have never claimed to have any musical talent, I do enjoy singing for fun.  The first singing group I was a part of was during Jr. High.  Mr. Coleman, our beloved band teacher wanted to start up a mixed choir.  Since there weren't any interested boys, he made a group called Girls Glee.  We sang all the sappy songs girls would cry over like Carpenters, Grease tunes, and Barry Manilow hits.  We had great fun!  Then I tried Chamber Choir in high school which was a lot of fun, but very serious.  At Dixie College, I was in Program Bureau which was completely fun and a welcomed break from the academics.  It was under the direction of Roene DiFiore.  Anyone could join (talent or not) and we never looked at a sheet of music.  Occasionally she'd write words in chalk on the blackboard, but we mostly just sang and caught on to the songs easily since they were catchy and upbeat tunes from long ago.  We performed for college functions, community banquets, care centers, grand openings, weddings, holidays, you name it. . . Program Bureau was there with bells on to entertain.  Many a match was made in Program Bureau!  We all LOVED Mrs. D.  To me, she was one of many people who made my Dixie experience amazing and memorable.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I love it too but Chris just doesn't understand. Thank goodness for DVR!