Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Birthdays

Abby is officially a TEENAGER!!  Ahhh!  Isn't she cute with her hair braided and the curls flowing down?  I made the mistake of erasing birthday pics before I got them downloaded.  For her birthday, Abby chose to go shopping with just her sisters and I.  We had a fun day helping Abby choose clothes to spend her b-day money on.  We went to lunch and made sure to get her a warm brownie with ice cream and hot fudge at Cold Stone!  It was one of my favorite celebrations with her!
Once in a while, I can squeeze a hug in from Abby.  She's a beautiful young lady, but doesn't like to hug much.  She's also at that "I'm too cool for my mom" stage, but I sure enjoy her.  She's my little cleaner who will just get on a roll and not stop.  I appreciate all that she brings into our family!
Chicka, Me, Abby & Whitney right after returning from Lake Powell.  We all have a nice suntan.  Wow!  How did Evan and I get such beautiful young girls?!  They are each so fun and unique!

One of my accomplishments this summer was making my first ever rag-top quilt.  Whitney had selected the fabric nearly two years ago, so I decided to surprise her and complete it for her 21st birthday!  It was so much fun to make!  Taylor designed how the squares should come together and Abby stayed up late visiting with me.  I thought of my mom and how often she sewed into the night hours creating clothes, quilts, curtains, etc. for us and/or our children.  I am so thankful she taught me some sewing skills!!
And though she's of legal age now, she was thrilled to have a new quilt for her condo bedroom.  She thought she may be too old to pose with her "wubba", but I told her to smile anyway!  LOVE IT!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, ABBY, AND WHITNEY!!



No comments: