Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Ole Summertime

Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?  Do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds roll by?  Is that what you do?  So do I!


Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?  Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?  Is that what you do?  So do I!  (visiting with friends at Kershaw)

Summer, Kaylee and Taylor posing between dance numbers.
"Just Dance" has been a favorite in our household this year!

Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?  Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky?  Is that what you do?  So do I!
(a favorite Primary song)
Abby, Taylor and Chesnee posing on the grass at Kershaw.
Bathing beauties catching some summer sun.

I think I could write several more verses, but I'll just get some pics posted for now.  I haven't done much this summer except nap, plan and prepare for Girls Camp.  I haven't even blogged lately.  No motivation.  No events.  No energy.  Nada.  Just been planning Girls Camp pretty much since school let out with the exception of a quick get away for my birthday.  (Evan knows the only way to get me to relax and let go of things (at times) is to take me away from it all.)  We enjoyed a weekend in Mesquite just lounging by the pool or in the air-conditioned room reading, sleeping, and watching movies.  We only left once to eat out.  We brought food into the suite and ate quite simply as we wanted.  It was great; the very thing I needed to regroup and focus on what matters most.  Now I'm off to Girls Camp early in the morning.  This year I'll be with the Stake Youth Leaders (SYL).  I'm pretty excited and hope it's everything I expect it to be!

No comments: