Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Life is Good....All is Well

Ahhhhh!  What a great weekend it has been!  I had time to get some things done on Friday so Evan and I could go to the temple on Saturday.  (His overtime hours freed up a day for him!)  I couldn't believe how everything came together and we were up early and out the door without any hitches.....well, I shouldn't say any because the dogs had escaped sometime in the night.  (I think Satan was out there.)  Even so, we left the girls in charge of everything and they did just fine.  It always amazes me how I can enter the temple doors and it's like all my worries and stresses are left behind so I can focus on the beautiful interior, the sacred purposes and covenants, and feel the calming influence of the Spirit.  I did a session for a woman from the 1800s, named Soffie Carolina.  I felt like she was rejoicing with me in spirit.  I went with real purpose and intent this time and it made such a difference.  My mind was on overload with all the answers and impressions that I had been pondering and praying about recently.  Inspiration for myself, my family, my students, my Young Women, my friends, and more.  That is why I go to the temple; there is nowhere else on earth I can receive that kind of peace, inspiration, ideas, and answers to my prayers.
Following our temple session, we went for lunch at one of my favorite cafe's--Twenty-five Main.  Whitney discovered this cafe, and we all love going there now.  The food is delicious, very reasonable, and their cupcakes are to die for.  We started out our lunch with a coconut cupcake.  (Eat dessert first....life is uncertain!)  I had the chicken fettucine alfredo and Evan had the turkey artichoke panini.  Mmmmm!   So  delicious!
  
After lunch,  it was on to the other "have to's" for the day:  oil changed while shopping Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and Costco.  It has been a few months since we've really stocked up on everything so our carts were over-loaded.  All that AND we were done by early afternoon!!  Evan surprised me by stopping in to see his Grandma Ruthie.  We don't get to see her nearly as often as we'd like to.  She will be 90 next June and is still so sharp and independant.  She happily squealed like a young girl when she saw Evan at the door.  Then she cried cause she said she'd just been thinking about Evan and he shows up out of the blue.  (Apparently, he was inspired at that moment!)
She is known as the "Polka-Dot Grandma" by all the grandkids and great grandkids.  She LOVES the color red, and anything polka-dot.    She is the ONLY person who can give Evan a big bear hug and he not resist.  Widowed in her early 30s, raised 6 boys and 3 girls on her own, never married again,  and to this day she is so happy, optimistic and grateful for anything and everything.  She never complains about anything.....EVER!  We always leave her little home feeling uplifted and grateful to have her still with us.  It was so fun to visit with her and catch up on things.  We are so thankful for our angelic Grandma Ruthie!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

The makings of THE BEST DAY EVER! Oh how I miss being so close to the temple and Grandma. Love and hugs to you all.