Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Thursday, January 17, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

WOW! Where did 2012 go to?  It has been a year since I have blogged.  Life got crazy, our computer died, and I kind of lost interest in blogging for a while.  I don't know that many people even read my ramblings on besides my sister, Sue, but what the heck....here's a new post!!

It is 3:55 am and this is the second time this week that I have had insomnia!  Only this time I have not slept even a wink ALL NIGHT!!! Those who know me will understand that I value my sleep very much, even more than food!!  This is so annoying since I have to be to work in three hours and there is an inservice today that I cannot miss!  My eyes are burning; they are bloodshot and puffy!  All my usual strategies have not worked either....prayer, music, writing, oils, melatonin, warm herbal tea, more music...so why not blog while I have this quiet time!?  I can't even figure out how to insert a picture here.

It has been an amazing year for the Schimbecks!!  Whitney & Trent were married in the St. George Temple and just celebrated their one year anniversary!  They are doing well.  Whit is teaching at the school I taught at while Trent is attending Dixie State College.  Taylor had another successful year in dance, academics, and her Foo-Foo business.  She started her first job at the pharmacy this past Fall.  She is quite the saver, too!Abby had another successful year in sports; she played basketball, volleyball, and softball.  She is such a sporty spice!  She is quite the little baker too!  All her desserts certainly don't help with our weight issues!  Evan is busy with City Council, Beautification Committee, CCW classes, woodworking class, golfing and coaching whenever he can fit it in.  As for me, I am trying to keep myself from going completely insane with school and keeping up on the house.  Teaching is getting more difficult as the standards continue going up for the teachers while the behavior and family dynamics seem to be declining more each year.  It is heartbreaking and very frustrating.

We were able to take the trip of a life time and fly to Germany to visit our Freeman and Hoh families there.  We were able to spend two weeks with them and traveled to Munich, Bitche, and Paris.  It was a fabulous trip and we are planning to go again in the future!  We all had a wonderful time seeing another part of this beautiful planet we live on!  Evan and I made it to our 25th Anniversary date!  We were able to take another family trip to Disneyland in October making it Trent's first trip!  What a blast it was!  Christmas came and went way too quickly and here we are halfway through the first month of a new year!  I'll post photos when I figure this out.  Stay tuned.....

No comments: