Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Monday, September 26, 2011

SLAVE TO TIME

From the moment my alarm goes off in the mornings until I reset it at night, I often feel that I am a slave to time. I am challenged by it in all that I do!! Manage time...be on time...one more time...make time....don't waste time...time heals...give it time...do you have time...it'll only take a minute...schedule time....is it time....invest your time...give me more time...time's up! We're each allotted the exact time as anyone else and yet we each spend our 24 hrs so differently. I waste plenty of time each week. I often cram too many things into a typical day. I don't always make the best use of my time either. There is one thing I know for sure, it is that for every sacrifice of time I've made for my family, it has been the most important thing I could do at that moment in time. Oh yes, there have been many times when I would have loved to do something else of my own choosing, but didn't. The investments I make in my family are the best ones, no doubt.

There have been many moments in my life that I wished for time to stand still. Then there are times I have wished to go back in time or to step into the future. Sometimes it is truly a struggle to live in the present; to be completely present both mentally and physically and enjoy each and every minute of each day. There is great wisdom in the scripture Ecclesiastes 3:1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

I have enjoyed each season of my life, and I am enjoying the present one. I sometimes wish for the days when my girls were little. They seemed to need me more and were easier to please, yet I am proud of their independance and the good choices they make. I long for the days when my dad was still with us and yet I look to the future when we'll be reunited. I calendar in weekends, holidays, summers, and special events to keep looking forward to certain times. It helps me stay focused on the present until it is time for quality time with family and friends. There are many hobbies, interests, and talents I'd like to pursue someday....but for now, I'm going to enjoy this season of my life and make the most of it with no regrets! Family---it's about time!!

No comments: