Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nestled All Snug in Their Beds?!? NOT!


As the poem goes. . .children are SUPPOSED to be "nestled all snug in their beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads", however, the Schimbeck girls are all little night owls like their father. They don't resemble any signs of fatigue. As I've been wrapping up the last of the gifts, I can hear their laughter as they watch a movie. We attended the traditional Panaca Christmas party where they track Santa and his reindeer then had a delicious dinner with Bart & Mindy's family. Afterwards we watched a video on the real meaning of Christmas (Bible story), came home to do our usual tradition of opening one gift (Christmas PJ's), and set out cookies and milk. It's a darn good thing we don't have toys to assemble, dollhouses to decorate, or pajamas to sew like we did when they were little. I think I'll finish Santa's cookies and go to bed myself. What a wonderfully, magical time of year! I love it!

No comments: