Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Love Those Lilacs!

Sniff...sniff...ahhhhhh! I LOVE the smell of lilacs! They are so pretty and fragrant in the spring air!

The smell of lilacs takes me right back to my elementary days in Ephraim, Utah when we would walk to the Snow College gymnasium each afternoon to practice for our annual "May Day Dance Festival". All the girls would pick a sprig or two to tuck behind our ears. It would make us extra special and beautiful as we danced and sang merrily around the May Pole. It helped us forget about the nerdy boys we had to dance with or hold hands with. What fun times they were!

1 comment:

Amber Lee said...

Wow, the power of suggestion! The second I saw the picture of the lilacs and read the beginning of your post I actually sniffed, as if I could smell them, LOL!
I love your Christmas card pic!