Lady Lynx Softball

Lady Lynx Softball
Kanab, Utah

Monday, January 12, 2009

Remembering My Dad - Grandpa Lyle

I love you Grandpa, clear up to the sky;
And I will tell you the countless reasons why.
When I got my grades, he would write a note,
And every time on the note he wrote:
"You take after your Grandpa, Whitter-doo!
Keep it up and I love you!"
He'd sit for hours in his big blue chair,
Then I'd walk by and out of thin air,
He'd kick my rear end and laugh 'til he cried
And then I would run and wait and hide.
A morning in Brookside resulted in breakfast,
And what we didn't finish he would eat,
Eating contest and wars, he had us all beat.
Looking out on the porch at the two great ponds,
Feeding the fish was great fun and we were quite fond.
Riding the 4-wheelers was always a treat,
Around and around the circle 'til the sun brought the heat.
Grandpa's a legend, a hero to all,
And he'd pick us up each time we'd fall.
I'm sure he's in heaven, flying with pride,
And if you could ask him he'd say, "It was a good ride."
I love him so much, and I miss him a lot,
But I know for sure, he will not be forgot.

Written by Whitney Jo
January 2004

No comments: